Next Open Mime Workshop – TBC
Past Mime Workshops Videos:
Mime Workshop Video – 2017
Mime Film Noir Video – 2017
Mime Silent Movie – 2017
Mime is the universal language of the world, the foundation that forms the basis of learning in all cultures around the world. Whether it is used in day to day life or for performances on stage, mime becomes easily accessible for everyone, anywhere. The essence of Performance Mime specialises in using the techniques of illusionary & emotive mime to create compelling stories by using the physicality of one’s own body.
I have received many emails stating that people would like to learn about the techniques of illusionary mime. The problem that is faced here, is that there are in actual fact very few quality illusionary Mime Workshops, courses or teachers of high standard that still teach in the UK today. To get the full benefit of Illusionary Mime, the teaching needs to go beyond simple basic mime techniques and to think in terms of how to apply the skills effectively in performance or for non-verbal communication and in every day life.
On the day I will be working with a body alignment expert to offer one to one
training so as to complement and enhance the overall learning experience…
Is the workshop open to anyone?
The workshop is open to anyone on any level [minimum age 16 +] in performance based Arts or non-performance based people with an interest in mime for various reasons. In the past I have had, Voice Teachers, Drama Therapists, Magicians, Bank Clerks, Opera Singers, A Level students, Accountants, Actors, Dancers, Company Directors in the Corporate sector and people with simply an interest in mime…
What is taught in the Workshop?
- Basic of Mime Fundamentals. Preparation includes: Tension – Release – Reverse – Curves.
- Principles of Pushing & Pulling Objects – The Rope – The Punt – The Wall.
- Understanding the aspect of Resistance – Different Qualities of objects.
- Knowledge of Mime Principles – Fixed Points – Fixed Space – Suspension – Robotics.
- Non Verbal Communication – Using the Breath to create different emotions.
- Qualities of Substance – Earth – Air – Water – Fire.
- Mime Walks – Slow Motion – Running – Walking on the Spot – Moon Walks.
- Using Music with Mime – working with Music in Performance.
- Apply Skills in Performance – A mini group Performance is worked on.
Need anymore information please email email@example.com stating why you want to do the workshop? I will get back to you asap.